Thursday, March 3, 2011

The end in sight...

Now that I did two months of gluten free diet since Jan, I'm absolutely positively sure that I can go on gluten free without food-journaling every day for the rest of the year. Now I don't want to eat gluten forever (not until my life depends on it), but let me take it in small mile stones. That way I get to celebrate each milestone, right? :)

I did a bit of yo-yo last year lured by gluten when I took a break from food-journaling. This time around, I seem to be well prepared. And ready. So,this is it! Does that mean the end of sight for this blog? Yes.

This blog has kept me on track towards a better and healthier life since 2008. I'm in much better health than I've ever been in the past 6-7 yrs. And I'm very thankful for that. It was not easy. There were plenty of tears, bouts of frustration, slips, learning to get back on my feet, small victories, musings and beautiful friendships. It was a great journey. Now I'm more than okay with the idea that I cannot eat gluten. I've accepted my pre-diabetic disposition and am mindful when I eat. I will continue to improvise my diet and work on my 'working out' every day and try to live healthier. Just no more writing down every single thing I ate for the day.

Friends who stopped by and would like to be in touch, you know where to reach me. (gmail: tabtomorrow)

Now I am moving on to other parts of my life that could use a bit of attention - some of my dreams that are waiting to become a reality.

Start by doing the necessary,
Then do the possible.
And suddenly...
You are doing the impossible.
- St.Francis of Assissi

10 comments:

Nalini said...

Thanks Kay for sharing your life and thoughts with us. I was inspired by you and learnt some valuable information thru your blog. Please do let me know if you start a blog again

-Nalini

Anonymous said...

Love that quote! You've been an inspiration for all your readers Kay and you've definitely enriched the food blogging community with your blog. Here's to you achieving your dreams.

Mamatha

Anonymous said...

What quitting bloggin ?? Oh no - will feel a gap -

Now you know what we have to do - do do do keep in touch. Dont make me feel like a friend parting -
revathi

Kay said...

Thanks Nalini, Mamatha and Revathi.

Nalini, I left my email id in the post. Drop your email there and I'll let you know when I decide to blog again.

Mamatha, You are just too kind. You've kept me on track many a times with your comments and wealth of knowledge. Thank you! :)

Revathi, Now, Did I say I'm quitting 'blogging'? ;) There's so much more to work on, so much more that I want to write about than just what I ate every single day. Just working on some direction right now. You know where to reach me.

The irony is that I've been eating even better since I stopped writing this food journal.

veena said...

Hi Kay,
I look into your blog atleast once in 10 days, your raise my spirits. your blog has so much info. I like to check, like no grain recipes, which works for me.
AND YOUR ARE A GREAT INSPIRATION for me, Iam prediadetaic and hypothyroid, and I no longer sad about it cause, your blog has all the info I need.please keep posting once in a month. we want to know about your progress. ALL THE BEST FOR A HEALTY LIFE.

Kay said...

Thanks veena, for sharing that. Glad you are feeling better and working on your health.

Sunita said...

Oh Kay... will miss you! Dont stop blogging though, just an occasional post to say how you're doing.. You have been such an inspiration, will miss you.. All the best :)

fabulouslyfrugirl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

That's great that you've been eating a more gluten free diet. I hope to eat healthier, as well.

Hope to still see you around the blogosphere :)

சமுத்ரா said...

good one

Shaun t said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.